Thursday, August 9, 2012

Stress, BEDA Days 7-9

Why yes, I am putting days together this month. I find it the only way to keep sane.

As the school year approaches [and my last semester of college] I have found that I am more stressed than I've ever been before. I find myself longing for two planners just to keep all of my dates straight, and I'm scared that 24 pencils and 12 pens that I bought are simply not going to be enough for all the notes and lists that I will be making over the next four months. I have also been given tons of work to begin and have had about 4 meetings with various theatre people for shows I will be working with.

And then I think about it. Why do I get so stressed out? Am I putting too much pressure on myself, or is it simply because I procrastinate too much? This semester is going to be different because I don't get a break. I will be in rehearsal, on my game, all semester. I don't have a moment to breathe, much less lose my cool. My title of stage manager requires keeping my head up, my chin down, and everyone, myself included, calm and happy throughout the rehearsal process. So I'm taking vitamins, I'm going on walks/runs to relieve stress, and for these last few days of summer, I'm getting away from Auburn to make certain that I don't lose my cool before classes start. I wouldn't have taken on this many responsibilities unless I knew I could handle it. Well, I might need a drink every night, but I really think that I can do this.

What does everyone else do to relieve stress? I don't have anything to punch, and I don't want to rant on here about nothing important, so I run.

Current song - Super Trooper - Mamma Mia! soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment